I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Monday, June 30, 2008

Send your Thanks to our Troops!


My daughter has a friend who is in Iraq who is becoming discouraged, and she had an idea to send some encouraging e-mails over to the group of soldiers where Kyle is located in honor of the Fourth of July. Here is the e-mail she sent to me:


"Kyle has been getting frustrated over in Iraq and discouraged. He's hot and tired and ready to come home. Last time I talked to him he had only had 7 hours of sleep out of the last 58. I know he's only over there for 4 months, but as you can imagine, it would start to get to you. So, in honor of Fourth of July, I thought it might be nice if we got some people to send an email, or write a note, or send a card just telling him thanks and letting him know you're praying for him and the other soldiers."


We decided e-mail would be the fastest way to get them these notes. If you would like to send a word of encouragement to some guys/girls that we know are fighting for our freedom, please send the note of encouragement via e-mail to Andrea by noon on Thursday, July 3rd. Make sure to have "For our Troops" in the subject line and include your name and e-mail address. Andrea will keep all of the e-mails in a list and when she hears back from them, she will forward on to all who sent a note.
Thanks so much for helping give a boost of encouragement to our Men & Women who are fighting to keep us free!

No comments: