I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My how time flies....Andrea is 27 today

I can't believe that my baby is turning 27 today. It doesn't seem possible that she could be that old, but she is. I was looking back through her baby book (being a little nostalgic) and came across the note I had written to her. Although I did not get it written until she was 4 years old, as I explain:
July 20, 1985
"Dearest Sweet Andrea,
Here you are four years old and I am just now writing my message to you. I guess with all that went on during the week of your birth, I never got around to writing. You see, 4 days before you were born, my Granddaddy, your great-granddaddy, died. He was a very special person in my life and it hurt very much to lose him. But the Lord was so good to give me someone that would become just as special in my life. God gave me you! We named you for your Great-gran. His name was Andrew Homer so we named you, Andrea Hope, in honor of him.
Andrea you are so very special to me because you are my last baby. You have a very contagious personality and have been fairly easy to manage. I look forward to what God has for you in your life. My prayer for you is that you will come to know our Lord as your Saviour at an early age and that you will dedicate your life to His Service. I pray you will be sensitive to His leading in your life and when the time comes for you to marry, you will find a dedicated man like your Daddy that will love the Lord and you. And when you have children, boys or girls, may they bring as much joy into your life as you have brought into mine. When you come running and throw your little arms around my neck telling me you love me, it warms me through and through. I thank God for sharing you with your Daddy and me.
I love you,
Momma"

Those were my words to her then and after 27 years my feelings haven't changed much. Although, the part about her finding a husband that would love her and the Lord did not exactly come about as I prayed. Andrea's marriage was difficult and after exhausting all possible means to bring it into line with God's design, it eventually ended in divorce. However, the one good thing that came from her marriage was that God blessed her with a precious little girl. Andrea is a great mother and she has done a wonderful job with Camryn. Earlier this year she had the privilege of leading her to the Lord.


Even though Andrea has been through some difficult times she has not let it get her down. As a result of these difficulties she has developed into a much stronger, more independent young woman who knows what she wants out of life. She has made a good life for Camryn and herself. This past December she set out to purchase a house. It was her desire to move she and Camryn into a place of their own rather than continuing to pour money down the drain in an apartment. She applied for, got the loan and became a home owner the week before Christmas. Yes, she is a lot stronger than I ever thought she would be. I say she is stronger...that is until it comes to bugs or possible critters in her house...then she calls on me for help! lol

It has been my joy and privilege to be her mother and to have her in my life for these 27 years. I am very proud of the Godly woman she has become. I continue to look forward to what God has in store for her and how He will use her in the future.
I love you, Andrea
Happy Birthday!
Momma

3 comments:

Billie said...

Sorry...I thought it was today. Happy Birthday anyway, An! I love you bunches!

Andrea said...

You and Alison both have made me cry on my birthday!! SHEESH!!! Thank you! I LOVE YOU!!!

AliciaG said...

It is on the 19th. I wrote it last night and saved it so I could post it this morning. I guess it puts the date that you saved it on the blog instead of the day you post it. Sorry for the confusion. June 19th is her Birthday! I am forgetful, but not that forgetful...yet! Ü