I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another year older....

Yes, that is right. On June 1st I became another year older. It doesn't seem possible that I could be this close to the age of retirement (possibly 6 years or 10 if I want to get my full SS funds that will probably not be there by then anyway). Most days I don't feel my age until I try to do some kind of manual labor and then I can tell "the old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be." Ü

My girls planned and hosted a party for me. They grilled chicken and had veggie-kabobs and even made me a german chocolate cake, which is my favorite cake. They had invited my special Ya Ya friends to celebrate with us. The meal was quite delicious and the fellowship was sweet.



Alison and Andrea had sneaked around and had a picture made of them along with Camryn and gave it to me on a 16X20 canvas. I was so surprised!!! I had just thought about a week ago that I sure needed some new pictures of them and then they surprised me with just exactly what I was wanting. I love it!! They are such thoughtful girls and I feel very honored to be their mother. That is one of the great things about getting older. I have the opportunity to enjoy fun times with them as friend with friend and not just as mother with daughters.
Here are a few of the pictures of my party:
Alison did the grilling...mmmm...doesn't that look delicious!










Andrea helped supervise or was she just texting her friends????









Norman, Russell and Christine enjoy visiting









Ashley just chills out while waiting on the food to get done




4 comments:

Billie said...

Wished I could have been there! Happy Birthday!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like it was a good one. Love y'all!

Andrea said...

Hey now...i didn't just text..i provided the deck that broke..LOL! LOVE YOU!

Andrea said...

I just noticed how much i look like you standing on the deck. Sheesh!