I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Monday, December 22, 2008

How quickly things can change...

My last post was expressing the Great News that Mother got to go home. However, she was only there for a day and a half. Early Sunday morning (2:30 to be exact) Mother ask Shelia to take her back to the hospital. She just didn't feel right. She had not slept more than about 45 minutes since she had been home. She was feeling cold one minute and hot the next and said she felt all jittery inside and nauseated. So, Shelia took her to the ER. Her blood pressure was pretty high by the time they got there so they admitted her and sent her back to CVICU. They did some more tests and basically felt that she was having panic attacks which was causing the fluctuation in her temp and blook pressure. They did give her a light sleeping pill so she could rest which she did and even remarked that she was feeling better this morning than she had in a week. However, that condition quickly changed. This afternoon, just 6 hours after I had called to check on her, they had to take her down, stick a needle into her lung so they could draw the fluid off her right lung (1200cc). Her nurse said she had been through quite a bit today and was worn out from the procedure. She has been sleeping the whole day since that was done and was not even aware that Daddy and Shelia were in the room with her. According to her nurse she will most likely would be in CVICU for several more days and maybe through Christmas. Prayers are needed once again for her recovery...for her to get the rest she needs so she can regain her strength...for the doctors to be able to control the fluid build up in her lung and for the panic attacks to subside.

No comments: