I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas has come to the Gillaspie's

Well, in spite of our "non-traditional" happenings for Thanksgiving, one thing did remain traditional...we put up our Christmas decorations on Friday and Saturday. Norman got out and did the outside lights and figures and I got busy on the inside. I usually put on one of my favorite Christmas movies, (either White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life) to get me in the mood and then I get to work. Fortunately, TV Land had White Christmas playing on Friday night! With Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney singing in the background, my house took on a cozy Christmasy (is that a word) glow. I just love the warm cheery feeling that Christmas decorations give to a room. I finally got all the inside decor completed on Sunday afternoon when I got the tree decorated. There are still a few more spiral lighted trees that I want Norman to add to the outside light display, but other than that everything is finished and ready to enjoy our holiday season.
For those of you who don't get to visit our house during the holiday's I have prepared a vertual tour.

Our tree and window decor...this year I did move away from the traditional decorations on the tree. I bought a few new balls, and ribbon and went with a silver and red color scheme. I like it for a change.

The mantel with Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus
The Snowman village on my entertainment center

A closer view The couch area

Left side view

Right side view

And of course the decor would not be complete without a cute little fireside dog... our miniature schnauzer, Jacye, in her red holiday coat.

It was pouring rain last night so I couldn't get out to take pictures of the outside of the house. I will try to do that today and add them to this post tonight.

Hope you enjoyed seeing our home...I didn't get shots of the kitchen, but I will.

Wish all of you could come see us during the holidays but now at least you have an idea of what your missing.

We wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Billie said...

Looks all warm and cozy. I'll be right over!

AliciaG said...

I wish you would come...I would love to have you and your sweet family come for a visit!

The Hows said...

it does look warm and cozy! i love it! i can't wait to get our stuff up. as you know matt was sick thanksgiving weekend so we have to wait till this weekend. kekoa's first Christmas!

Alison said...

Oh...I can't wait to see your tree with the silver and red theme! I love a theme tree.