I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Branson Vacation...the rest of the story

The internet at the condo was on-again-off-again, so I didn't get to finish posting the rest of the events from our vacation. So, here is "the rest of the story"....
We decided to spend Thursday by the pool again and then have a cookout on the lake. So, Norman got the fire going and Andrea, Camryn and I brought the hamburgers and hotdogs and all the fixin's down to the picnic area. We enjoyed the serenity of the area while others enjoyed boating and skiing on the lake. Camryn and her Papaw spent a while trying their hands at skipping rocks on the lake while I tended to the cooking and Andrea watched and enjoyed the peacefulness. After we ate our burgers and dogs, Andrea demonstrated the art of making S'mores. Camryn was not too sure about this, but finally got the hang of it.
Here are some pictures of the cookout:









Finding rocks to skip









Papaw shows his skills at skipping rocks









The "cook" checks on the meat












Chowin' down...(Camryn did not like the flies)









Andrea shows Camryn how to brown her marshmellow









Then Camryn tries her hand at it..









To quote Camryn, "WOW!!!! Now that is a flaming marshmellow!"









Next you put it together...












Then you eat it!!!












Friday, we had to be down at the Convention Center by 7 AM because Camryn's group was the first routine of the day. It was quite difficult to get all these little 4-6 years olds up and going at this hour of the morning. That is why I am not getting any smiles or poses out of Camryn in her
"Ice, Ice, Baby" costume. They did this dance at 8 and then had to be ready for their "Chapel of Love" routine by 8:30. Once those two dances were done she was finished for the day.


Their group got an Elite Gold 1st in their age category and 6th overall. The MC was talking to them asking them what they wanted to be when they grew up.









The "Chapel of Love" dance also scored Elite Gold 1st place points but got 3rd overall in the 8 an under category. We left after awards to eat lunch and then went back to watch the rest of our large groups compete.

And this is called, Dance Competiton Wipe-out! Camryn had danced in the back of the room most of the afternoon with her friends while the other groups from Ms. Karen's did their routines.









All in all it was a fun and relaxing week. We enjoyed the time off and loved getting to watch our kids perform. We look forward to next year and all that it holds.

2 comments:

Billie said...

Way to go, Camryn! We are very proud of you!

Alison said...

It looks like you all had a very fun and relaxing time!
So proud of Camryn and the others on their awards for the large group dances! MKDS..the best!