I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Patio Project

For some time I have wanted to fill in the gap between our poured patio and the red terra cotta block patio. It had white rocks in that section but I was ready to have it as continuous concrete. So, I bought 6 more 16" terra cotta blocks and began the job. Back breaking as it was, I am pleased with the end results. It would have been better to start from the existing concrete patio and move out but, I did not want to have to take up all 60 of those 40 pound terra cotta blocks and move them over. So, there is a little gap between both sections. However, it is not bad enough to warrant moving 2400 pounds of blocks by myself. I did, lift some of the older ones to try to level them out so it is not as uneven.
Anyway, here is the pictorial record of today's project:
Here
is what it originally looked like.









I had to rake the rocks out (not an easy chore).
The first block in place.












All 6 in place.












All finished, cleaned up and furniture back in place!
Now time to hit the shower to get the sweat and dirt off!