I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A YaYa Weekend!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to travel to Centerton, AR for a weekend with my YaYa's. You see, one of us (Christine) and her husband have moved to Centerton where Russell is working in the corporate offices of Walamart. We decided to go to their new house to celebrate all our summer birthdays. So, on Friday, Annette, Christine and I headed toward NW, AR while Norman and Russell waited on us to get there. It was so much fun to be "On the Road Again" as Willie would say. We have traveled on many occasions but have not gotten to do so in a while. We had a wonderful time of chatting and laughing on the way. We also enjoyed getting to visit with two other friends who live in that area, Lara and Lela. What a lively time we had at Panera Bread on Saturday where we met for lunch. We laughed and talked for about 2 1/2 hours! It was great to catch up on all that is going on in each of our lives.

Christine and Russell have a beautiful home. We loved getting to spend some extended time with them in their new location. They are wonderful hosts...the food was great and the time together was sweet. We hope to get to make many more trips to that part of our state to visit with them.

Here are a few pictures of our stay.
The YaYa's...Christine, Annette, and me.
Their cat, Fonzie, loves to sit on the back of the chair. I look like I have a fur collar.

This is little Kenzington, Russell's new kitten.

He is a Persian/Himalayan mix.

This is what we did a good bit of our time there...sit, talk, and watch movies....oh, and eat!
This is going to be a tough year for Christine and Russell...both their daughters will be entering college...Lindsey will begin at the University of AR in August..and Ashley will be a Freshman at UCA. Christine will be living in Little Rock while continuing to be the band director at Little Rock Christian for one more year and Russell will be living in Centerton and working at Walmart corporate offices. Although, they will be scattered in all directions and experiencing a new family dynamic this year, their connection to the YaYa's will remain the same.

The three of us have been through good times, bad times, happy times, sad times, depressing times and times of great joy....through them all we have formed a very strong bond. When any one of us has a need, the other two are always there to love, support, encourage and yes, sometimes to say the hard things. We are very grateful for the friendship God has given us...a cord of three is not easily broken.

1 comment:

Billie said...

Looks like a great time! Nothing better than time with friends in my book. And that "cord of 3" scripture...I quote all the time. What a blessing!