I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Thursday, July 23, 2009

My New Favorite Kitchen Appliance

This is my new "favorite" kitchen appliance. It is called a Flavorwave. About a week or so ago Andrea came in telling me about this appliance that her boyfriend's mom has that she wanted. I got the scoop from Zac as to what it was and where he got it, because he also has one. He told me I could find them at http://www.thane.com/ . So, of course, I got online and checked it out. After reading all about it, I ordered me one. It is wonderful in that you can cook a whole meal in it at one time if you plan well. It will also cook things from a completely frozen state, thereby reducing the from the freezer to the table time, when you come in from work and have forgotten to leave something out to thaw that morning before you left for work. As it says from the instruction manual: "It improves on traditional convection ovens in the following ways:

1. The Flavorwave Oven Turbo bowl is made of glass, not metal, so that you can clearly see what you are cooking from all sides
2. The Flavorwave Oven Turbo combines a circular bowl with a fan mounted on the lid so that hot air currents move down over the food, around the bowl's sides, and then back up to the fan. This creates a tornado-like flow of constantly moving, super-heated air that cooks and browns food quickly and thoroughly.
3. The Flavorwave Oven Turbo uses cooking racks that allow you to cook two levels of food at once. In addition, when meat, poultry, or fish is cooked on the lower rack, fats and oils are blown away through the grating. You will cook lighter, more nutritious meals. "
This is what it looks like.
Here I am cooking a pork chop (from a frozen state) and a baked potato.

I sprayed the pork chop with "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" then dipped it in crushed Ritz crackers then cooked it for 20 minutes.

It was browned on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
So far, I have cooked, chicken breast, steamed potatoes and carrots, Garlic Bread, pork chops and a baked potato in it.
I will most likely not use the Flavorwave for baking potatoes because it takes alittle longer. I will continue to use my microwave for that. But the meats are wonderful when cooked in this appliance. I am looking forward to trying many other things in it. Basically, anything you can cook in a conventional oven, you can cook in the Flavorwave, without heating up your kitchen and it is done in approximately half the time and all in one bowl! So less mess to clean up!
They are not paying me to say this or to plug their product. I just wanted my friends to know about it.




2 comments:

Andrea said...

Told you it was awesome!!!

AliciaG said...

And you were right. We will have to get you one for sure!