I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of 2nd Grade for Camryn!

This post is a little late...a week and a day to be exact, but I have been very busy with getting things going at school. So better late than never I say.

Well, it is very hard to believe that my granddaughter is in 2nd Grade! It seems that she was just a baby yesterday. Now she is so grown up and such a big girl with lots of personality and sass! I feel very fortunate that I get to see her everyday at school. It makes my day when she comes slipping into my office to give me a hug when she is on her way to the restroom. I definitely do not take that privilege for granted.
Here are a few pictures of her on the first day of her second grade year:

I don't know why this is showing up as underscored, but it is!

Here she is as Andrea pulls up to drop her off. No more need for Momma to walk her in. *sigh*

Walking up to the front door and obviously feeling so cute and sassy with her new hair cut.
Pausing for Nanna to take a picture
Hanging her bag up (she is behind the little boy in white)
That is her desk in the foreground with all the supplies piled on top.
Here she is with papers for Mrs. Young
Sitting at her desk ready for a new year!
And finally, a picture of her and her teacher, Mrs. Young.
I believe this will be a great year for Camryn. Mrs. Young is an awesome teacher who will take her far in her elementary education!
Happy Second Grade to you, Camryn!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

UGH!!!!!!!! I don't even know what to say!

Billie said...

I"m telling you...the MOMENT I saw here with her new cut...I told Andrea...she LOOKS JUST LIKE HER! I mean, it was like she transformed! Can't wait to see what 2nd grade brings her!

Kari said...

Camryn is definitely growing into a beautiful young lady. Not a baby anymore... which makes me sad because next year that will be Abby. Why can't they slow down a little? :)