I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hurricane Harbor

Fortunately for us, Camryn only danced on Tuesday and Thursday, so that left us two days to do what we wanted. On Monday, we just played in the pool at the motel. Although, it was a bit foggy (Camryn said it was green and dirty) in color we still gave it a shot. Camryn was not too happy about it but she finally got in since the rest of us did. Then on Wednesday, we spent the day at Hurricane Harbor...a huge waterpark that is affiliated with Six Flags. It was a lot of fun, although Camryn was afraid to go on most of the slides or fun stuff. She loved the Wave pool and just wanted to stay in that the whole day. Of course Andrea would hear none of that...so the fight was on.......again. Finally, her Papaw got her to go down one of the slides with him..she loved it. So, she did it one more time by herself. I can't say that I blame her for not wanting to slide because the lines for all of them were so long and it was so hot while you waited that it was not that appealing especially when you could be in the wave pool the whole time and stay cool. Later in the day Norman ventured around the place and found Captain Hooks Lagoon for younger kids that was a lot like the kids place at Silver Dollar City. This was right up Camryn's alley. She loved it. We stayed there the rest of the day...that is until they made everyone get out and they closed that section down. Evidently some little kid had pooped in one of the pools at the end of the slide. So, they had to get the floater out and re-chlorinate the pool. By then it was so near to closing time that we decided to call it a day because we were pretty wiped out from all the sun and swimming. All in all, though, we had a super time at the water park.
Also, kudos to Coppertone 30 spf sunscreen, none of us burned!
Enjoy the pictures of our day!

Camryn and Andrea at the motel pool.
You can tell the water is not clear because you can barely see Camryn's legs.
Doing a hand stand.
Here they are in the wave pool at Hurricane Harbor
This was Captain Hook's Lagoon...an area for the younger kids. That big huge bucket fills up with water about every 5 minutes or so and then tips over spilling water on those standing below. They also have slides that go off the play house. Camryn loved this place.
This is what it looks like before the bucket tips.
They also had this area where kids could walk across the water on logs and rocks while holding on to the net. Camryn is watching how the boys are doing it and planning her tactic for getting across. I might add that all the boys in front of her fell into the water before making it across. But our little dancing girl...dogged em, because she made it all the way across without falling in. Go Girl! Show those boys how to do it!!
Away she goes!
The stomach muscles she has built up as a result of her dancing proved to be a great asset to her in being able to accomplish this task.
Look at that determination...she is almost there!
Success!!! Way to go, Camryn!
That is Andrea with her hand on her head...Camryn is behind her.
They got completely soaked, but loved it!
Momma and daughter
Nanna and Camryn
And finally....Papaw with her.

This was a great place and we had a super fun time at the water park!

1 comment:

Billie said...

Man...I just want to stand underneath that bucket!