I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Showbiz National Dance Competition in Arlington, TX

On July 5th we traveled down to Arlington, TX for a week of dancing at the Showbiz National Dance Competition. This was Camryn's second year to perform a solo. She has really improved so much in this second year of working with Ms. Marisa. It is amazing the things she can do at the tender age of seven. She also has a duet with a little girl who is a year older than her. They are like dynamite together...one spurs the other on to do better and the enthusiasm they both have for their dance routine is infectious. It has been a great year and Nationals should prove to put the icing on the cake for our little dancer.
Below are some pictures of our room and the first day of competition.
Camryn and Andrea playing in the room.
Our rooms were not what you would call plush, but they were comfortable.

Norman unloading our ice chest.

Camryn doing a little stretching while watching TV.

Time to apply the makeup for the first day of competition.
The pictures don't really show it but the tension runs high about this time between Andrea and Camryn...lots of whining on Camryn's part and irritation on Andrea's.

You can tell by the looks on their faces...they are not too happy at this point.

Camryn is in a stare while her hair is being rolled.
All dressed and ready to go!
Dance Mom and daughter
What a beautiful face and smile!
Camryn, sporting her cool shades, is ready to rock!
Walking in to the convention center
Ready for a run through of her routine
Practice before she hits the stage.
A kiss for luck from Momma
Camryn enjoys chatting with the other MKDS dancers while waiting on the awards to be given out.
Camryn gets High1st place points.
She ranked 7th overall! Woo Hoo!!! We were so proud of her!
Here the announcer was asking her who choreographed her dance. Of course she said in her sweet southern drawl...Ms. Marisa Kirby.
Here she is waiting on the duet/trio awards to be given out.
She and Callen received High1st place points on this dance as well.
Way to go, girls!
And they were ranked 4th overall...just one place away from receiving money!
Again, she tells the guy that Ms. Marisa Kirby choreographed their routine!
Here they are with their plaques...all smiles!
Ms. Karen is loving her little "Holly Rockers!"
And here they are with their awesome teacher, Ms. Marisa Kirby. She was so proud of them!
The long hot walk back to the car...this ends day one of the National competition.
This has been an awesome year for Camyn. I am really a little sad to see it end. I have loved her dances and it will be hard to get used to a new routine. However, next year we are going to let her add another solo (totaling two) and a duet as well as the two large group dances she is required to do. She will be working with a new teacher, Ms. Kristen Sadler, this year on a lyrical solo. She is really excited to be working with Camryn and Camryn is excited to be doing another solo. She really loves being on stage with all the people watching her!
Now, I just wonder where she got that trait....hmmmm????

1 comment:

Billie said...

I am SO STINKING PROUD! Stuperstart!