I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Junior Miss NexStar!!!!

Camryn's second competition of the season was the NexStar Competition held at Robinson Auditorium today. We only entered her solo and duet dances. This competition has 3 categories for the dancers: PreStar Level, NewStar Level and NexStar Level which has harder scoring. Ms. Marisa and Ms. Karen both felt Camryn could hold her own with the dancers in the NexStar Level. So, Andrea had her entered in that category. She also entered her in the competition for Junior Miss NexStar. With the girls from our studio that were competing for that title we were cautiously optimistic about Camryn's chances of being selected for the title...BUT, I guess Ms. Karen and Ms. Marisa knew what they were talking about because...
SHE WON THE TITLE OF
JUNIOR MISS NEXSTAR!!!She will get her picture included in the NexStar Program as a result of being chosen for this title.
She and Callen are waiting on the awards ceremony to begin.

Here is the list of her awards and rankings for the day:
Camryn’s
Nexstar Dance Competition Results
February 7, 2009
In her solo: “I’m Going Bananas!” Nexstar category
She got:
· High Gold 1st place points in her age division
· 2nd place overall for the 8 and under age group

In her duet: “Holly Rock” Nexstar category
She and Callen got:
· High Gold 1st place points in their age group and
· They placed 3rd overall in the 8 and under age group.
What a great day for our little dancer!

4 comments:

Billie said...

You go CAM! We all knew you could do it! Can't wait to see this year's.

AliciaG said...

And the amazing thing is that she still did not do the dance as well as she does in practice. If she ever gets it down on stage like she does in practice...whoa!! Look Out!! But we are so proud of her. She really has some natural talent!

Alison said...

That is AWESOME!!!

Andrea said...

She was actually competing against other studios for Jr. Miss Nexstar as well. I think I counted 6 or 7 others she was running against. Neither of us have any idea what Jr. Miss Nexstar means, but oh well..lol