I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Friday, February 20, 2009

My Aunt Letha...


Tonight my Aunt Letha is nearing the end of her life. She fell several weeks ago and broke a vertebrae in her neck and has been in the hospital ever since that time. She had surgery to fuse the vertebrae and was doing pretty well afterward. However, last Sunday night she suffered a stroke and heart attack. There has not been any improvement over this last five days. The doctor said that best case scenario if she did come out of this would be that she would not be able to talk, nor use her right arm. She would need to be cared for the rest of her life. Since there has been no improvements or changes, the boys have decided that she would not want to be left like this. They have agreed to withdraw all medicines other than for pain and let what will be, happen. Please be in prayer for all of them. It has been very difficult for them to see their mother in this condition. Seeing her unable respond to them or any other stimuli is heart breaking. She was always so full of life and forever carrying on something with those around her. She will be greatly missed by her family and friends when God sees fit to call her on home.

2 comments:

Billie said...

OH Alicia...i'm so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

AliciaG said...

Thanks, Billie. It is just so sad to see her like she is now. I am praying that the Lord will take her home to be with him very soon.