I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kids Artistic Revue

This past weekend was another big dance competition for Camryn. She competed in the Kids Artistic Revue at Robinson Auditorium in Little Rock. She danced all four of her dances on Sunday beginning with her solo at 8:15 am. This would not have been too bad had it not been the first day of Daylight Savings Time. We were all a little bleary eyed and sleep deprived but it didn't seem to phase Camryn. She was pumped and ready to go and did very well on her dances. In her solo dance she received Top 1st points and ranked 5th overall in the 8 and under age range. Below you will see the pictures of her receiving her award.
In the above picture the MC was asking Camryn her name and who choreographed her dance. Then they had Ms. Marisa come on stage and below is Camryn's reaction. She absolutely adores her teacher!!!

Here is a shot of Camryn and her outstanding teacher, Marisa Kirby.

A shot of the top 5 dancers in the 8 and under age division.


She and Callen received Top 1st points and ranked 3rd overall in the 8 and under age range.

Here they are in the group shot of the top 5 duet/trio routines for the 8 and under age division.Camryn was also competing (unbeknownst to us) for the title of Miss Petite Dance. She got 2nd runner-up and received a tiara and a pin. She was so thrilled with getting the tiara and wore it for the rest of the day. We have always known she was a little princess and now she has the crown to prove it!
It was a very long day but a very exciting day for the MKDS dancers. Her Hip Hop large group also received Top 1st points and ranked 1st overall. Their large group Tap routine received Top 1st points also and ranked 6th overall.

With each competition she continues to improve. By the time we get to the Nationals in Dallas, she should be peaking out on her dances.

1 comment:

Billie said...

I had no doubts that this would be the results! way to go, Camryn! Can't wait to see you myself.