I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday...Fun at the Museum of Discovery

Camryn and I spent Spring Break together and had a very relaxing week. Most of the time she enjoyed watching her shows on TV while I enjoyed some time catching up on my scrapbooking. Thursday Camryn got to spend a fun afternoon with her dance teacher, Ms. Marisa. Friday we were invited to join Billie and her family at the Museum of Discovery. Although, many of my kids at school had taken field trips to this place, I had never gotten the chance to go. After spending from 9:30 until 4 PM there with only a short break for lunch, I can see why the teachers like to take the students there. It is absolutely chocked full of interesting things to do. Below are a few of the picture I took of our time while discovering...
Here we have a picture of me and Camryn as we are about to leave for our day of fun and discovery!
We enter the Museum for a day of fun!
Belle and Camryn loved this area of the museum.

My granddaughter, the monkey.
David and Luke enjoyed the dump trucks.

Here they are waiting on the Three Little Pigs skit to begin.
(By the way, they sat still and attentive for the whole thing which lasted 45 minutes)
The skit
Camryn and the Three Pigs
They had a live animal exhibit that the kids got to see. In this shot they looking at the snake. Notice, Camryn's hands.
Luke is petting the rabbit with two fingers.
After our lunch we took a leisurely stroll back to the museum. These two girls are such good friends.
This play area was a favorite of these three. Here they are riding a cow.
Luke was saying, "Yee haw!"
Camryn letting her wind car race down the track.
Here you see the "four kids" are building their cars.
This little red owl was hit by a car and is blind in one eye. So, he is now one of the animals you get to see while visiting the museum.
Here are Camryn and Belle with their butterflies they made in the arts and crafts section of the museum.
And this is my precious "camera shy" granddaughter posing for a parting shot.
We had a great time on our day at the Museum. The kids were great and there was lots of interesting things for kids of all ages to do. Thanks to the Overstreets for helping us end our spring break week on a high note!

4 comments:

Billie said...

Man! That really was fun. I don't know why I expected less, but it was great. and I love the 4 kids shot. He really was like another kid. We must do it again!

Andrea said...

I'm Jealous!!!! Wish I could have gone. Having to be careful with my leave time stinks!

The Museum of Discovery said...

Thanks for spending your day at the Museum of Discovery! Your pictures are wonderful---what darling girls you have! With your permission, may we cross post on the Museum's Web site?

Faisal Khan said...

Good and nice blog. Thanks blogger to express our thoughts in blog. I like blogger.
http://amazi.blogspot.com