I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Sunday, June 28, 2009

MKDS Dance Recital...June 26 & 27

Camryn danced in her 5th recital with Ms. Karen's Dance Studio on Friday and Saturday....wow, that is hard to believe. It is amazing how far she has come since that first dance class. She is now doing her second year of a solo, a duet, and two large group dances. I had the opportunity to get her ready for Friday night's performance because Andrea would not have had time when she got off at 5 PM. When I look at these pictures of her in full makeup, it takes my breathe away at how beautiful she is...(I can say that because I am her Nanna) and how grown up she is. When I watched her dance on stage Friday night in her large group tap and then later in her solo, I was amazed at how much older she is looking. She is an amazing little dancer and I feel we will see great things out of her for many years to come. We have been approached by one of the teachers at the studio about putting her in another solo next year. This teacher (Ms. Kristen Sadler) does most of the lyrical choreography and has choreographed and danced with a company in New York. She was basically saying she would love the opportunity to work with Camryn. Talk about making a Momma and Nanna's hearts swell with admiration and yes, pride...it sure did. We have talked it over and plan to let her do a lyrical solo next year. This style dance will enhance her technical abilities and will strengthen her core for all dances. Camryn has always wanted to do a lyrical dance and in fact according to her mother, makes up lyrical dances in her room all the time. So it should be an exciting year for her next year.


I have to share a little funny about Camryn. She was talking with our friend Hannah (who is also a dancer at MKDS) at the pool the other day about the recital and Hannah told me that Camryn said, "Yeah, I am pretty confident about getting lots of points on my solo at the recital because I have added a back-bend walk-over to my routine."

Hannah told her that they do not give points at recital, just at the competitions.

To which Camryn replied in a disappointed tone, "Well, they could at least say something nice about it when I do it." LOL She has not quite got the whole concept of competitions yet.

She asked me the other day what the National Competitions were. I told her that it was when lots of dancers come from all over to do their dances and this is the time to try to do your very best. She thought for a minute and then said, "So, I need to do the best I can so I will get lots of points and maybe win something." I said, "Yeah, that is it." She said, "Well, I will just try my best and that is all I can do." I said, "Exactly! That is all we want you to do."

We have purposely not talked about what competitions are so she will not put pressure on herself to win. We want her to continue to enjoy dancing and not feel that she has to score a certain amount to win! So, far she has done very well and has been totally oblivious to how she has done.
This is her large group tap costume. The dance is "We Rock!"
Striking a pose for me.
And again....

A closer view

Such a pretty smile!

I love this one even though it is a little blurry.
This is her Hip Hop large group costume. They dance to "Boom! Shake the Room!"
Here she is in her hip-hop costume...no lipstick

And another shot...look at that little belly.
Camryn did awesome on all her dances at the recital. It was so much fun to watch her because she loves what she is doing. We are really looking forward to the National Competition in Dallas/Arlington on July 5-10. Should be a great week for MKDS dancers!

3 comments:

Billie said...

YOu go (AGAIN) girl! I'll have to borrow Nana's DVDs. I can't believe this is the first one we have missed, but i already told your momma how sad I would be to miss it! Very proud!

Andrea said...

She rocked it out for sure. She is doing so much better with her expression! It amazes me...it's like she's a different person when she gets on stage! And I'm super proud of the fact that Miss. Kristen wants to work with her and said she would be sure to hold a spot open for her!! Can't wait to get the videos and show her off!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Hey, we'd love to see y'all when you pass through!