I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trip to PA with the Golden Agers...first day

We began our trip to PA for our visit with Aunt Claudia at 8 AM this morning. We departed with all on board in good spirits and in great frames of mind...ready for a good trip. We had a great day for traveling...partially cloudy with sunshine and a little haziness. Norman did all the driving with Daddy riding shotgun. Mother and I sat in the seats behind Norman and Daddy and Aunt Willa Dean sat in the middle on the back seat. We talked for a while, then listened to Dennis Swanberg which brought quite a few laughs. Then we played several of the Gaither Homecoming CD's singing along the way. Around 11 AM Aunt Willa Dean asked the driver if we would be eating soon. We pulled out the snacks which helped to hold us over until we found a good place to stop. We stopped at a beautiful roadside park to have our lunch consisting of sliced ham, potato salad, cheese, crackers and chips.

As we continuted on the trip Norman, Daddy and Aunt Willa Dean were interested in listening to the Razorbacks Baseball game. However, we were not able to find any stations airing the game on the radio. So, we had to rely on Blake and also Vicki to send us the score. Everyone was excited to get the message that they won their game 10-6.

We had set our first days destination as Knoxville, TN and planned to drive on in the rest of the way tomorrow. We felt that going much farther would tire out our passengers too much. We arrived in Knoxville at 6:15 EST, unloaded our bags, freshened up and went out to eat at Famous Dave's Barbeque where we all ate way too much.
Here are some of the pictures taken along our way.

Daddy resting up on Friday night
Mother, Norman and Aunt Willa Dean kicked back relaxing on Friday evening.

Aunt Willa Dean in her spot

Daddy riding shotgun

Mother right behind him
Norman doing the driving
And here I am behind Norman (no I am not back seat driving. lol)
Breaking out the picnic goodies
Aunt Willa Dean had prepared our meal
Norman and I at the picnic table (I had to take a picture of myself otherwise I would not be in any of the shots.)
Aunt Willa Dean taking her a little power nap.She is totally relaxed...
Unloading at the Microtel Inn in Knoxville.

Norman helping Aunt Willa Dean get out of the vehicle.

It is a little hard to get the legs working again after riding for so long.
Norman guides the cart in while Mother and Daddy push it.
And so we end our first day on our PA trip. More to come tomorrow.
















3 comments:

Iris said...

ya'll are true arkansans! i hope you don't mind me commenting - i love your aunt's shirt and your daddy in his overalls! (both of my brother-in-law's pawpaws wear/wore overalls! i just think that's so cool!) hope you guys have a safe and wonderful trip! looks like you're having a great summer vacation so far!

AliciaG said...

haha...oh yes, we are definitely true Arkansans! Thanks for the comment, Iris. We are having a great summer! Hope you are too!

Billie said...

well...aren't y'all just the best travel guides I've ever seen!