I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spending the New Year in B'ham

We spent our New Year with Norman's parents, his sister and her family and his brother and his family. We had not been out to Birmingham since Spring Break in March. It is amazing how much the kids have all grown during that time. We enjoyed a good time of catching up and lots of tasty desserts. They had decided to just do desserts so Mother wouldn't feel she needed to do a lot of cooking. That is something she is no longer able to do. Here are a few pictures of our time together:

Paul is sharing some old pictures of himself with is kids


Mom and Dad enjoy the chocolate cake Tricia made from Grandmama Langston's recipe.
It was delicious!


Camryn and Jake enjoyed playing outside
Jake shows his jumping skills in an attempt to impress Camryn.
In this picture he was jumping off the fence.
They had a great time playing together!

Paul, Josh and Ashley with Tricia's kids in the background


Here you see the group watching the Penn State game
(or at least I think that is what they were watching...it was some bowl game)


While the guys watch the game, the girls are in the kitchen talking
about the fine art of making good fudge.

Paul and Angela's four kids from left to right:
Jake, Nick, Ashley and Josh
Angela and Mom enjoy visiting with each other.

Christiana and her boyfriend, Daniel

Mom, Dad and the kids, Paul, Tricia and Norman


We had a good visit with Norman's parents. It is so hard to see them becoming older and more frail. Mother's health has had some ups and downs over the last year or so and it has really taken it's tole on her. She is a mere shadow of the woman she used to be but still the same sweet lady I have loved since I came into this family.

2 comments:

Billie said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time! and to get to ring in the new year with Family!

AliciaG said...

Yep...the ringing in the NEW YEAR was spent asleep..LOL...but at least we were with family!