I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Friday, January 30, 2009

After one month of rehab....

Well, it has been one month today since Mother went into the nursing home rehab facility. This has definitely been a month of ups and downs. She has experienced fluid in her lungs due to inflammation, having a drainage port put in, physical therapy, panic attacks due to not being able to breathe, depression, no appetite, anger and her 83rd Birthday. Thank the Lord, as of today it seems that she may have turned the corner. They have finally put her on an appetite stimulating medicine and I am pleased to report...she ate eggs, bacon, and a biscuit this morning for breakfast without experiencing nausea. She even said it tasted good. She also had pinto beans, salad and yogart for lunch. Her attitude has even improved thanks to Zoloft. She is doing pretty well with her physical therapy too. She finally decided if she was ever going to get out of the nursing home she was going to have to do more on her own to strengthen herself. We are so grateful to the dedicated staff of the Timberlane Nursing Home for their care and kindness toward Mother and to Dr. Smart for his persistant, conscientious medical care. We are hoping that she will soon be back home and that she will continue to move forward on this road to recovery. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for her throughout this ordeal. Without your support we would have never gotten through the down days. Thanks to those of you who made an effort to go by and visit with her. It helped to brighten those long boring days for her as well as encourage her to keep pressing forward with a positive attitude. Most of all we are thankful to the Lord for allowing us more time with her on this earth.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Seeing this picture does my heart good! Especially since the last time I saw her it was right after her surgery! I'm so thankful she is does much better!

Billie said...

Tell her we love her!