I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Monday, October 27, 2008

Old Friends, after all of these years....

What a great weekend of visiting with some old friends. Norman and I headed down to Camp Victory near Carthage, AR on Saturday morning. We arrived just after the morning message had begun. Carl McAllistar, was the speaker for the weekend. He married Cindy Cottrrell, one of the girls from Marrable Hill whose family has been a part of the church and camp since it's beginning. Although we didn't get in on his first message of the weekend on Friday night, we were still able to gain much from Carl's messages.
As always at Camp Victory, there is plenty of time for sitting and visiting under the beaudart(not sure about the spelling for that...some call them "horse apples"), for catching up on all that has gone on over the years, for much laughter and lots of picture taking.
Here are some shots of our time there











Alex, Tim and Sarah Evans little boy, loved being up in the tree.









Here is a shot of Alex, and Oliver Primm...Seth's son..








And here is a shot of Oliver and his cousin Payton Primm...Scott's youngest daughter.








There was time for chatting...










for getting alone in the sun with a crossword puzzle...









for solving the world's problems...








for spending some quiet time for study....

And some time for a demonstration of new excercise moves.

For sharing in a laugh

for the telling of tall tales...

for the capturing of 8 legged, hairy spiders

for cozing up to the fire....

and for just enjoying the beauty of a place that has to be right up there next to heaven.

The memories,

the people,

and the lessons learned...

all hold a special place in my heart that I will forever cherish.

It was a beautiful weekend that was spent in a beautiful place wth some very beautiful people.

5 comments:

Billie said...

Man does that look relaxing! Glad y'all had a great weekend!

AliciaG said...

It was wonderful. I always get recharged when I visit that place. It is like going back in time to touch the spot where God reached down and touched my heart for Him. It is a very special place for me.

Alison said...

Oh...I didn't even know it was Camp Victory Fall Weekend! Glad you all had lots of fun.

Andrea said...

First of all..you HAD to put a picture of a spider huh? That's a little too close to home. Secondly..Seth's son looks JUST LIKE HIM!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Looks like wonderful weekend!