I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Bedroom rearrangement...

For some time now I have wanted to get Norman a new desk that was more in line with the color scheme in my bedroom since that is where he has to work when he is at home. I have also wanted to rearrange my bedroom because it ha been the same way for many years. So, "I got a bee in my bonnet" one weekend and decided to move everything. Of course, as you will see from the pictures with this arrangement, it meant that the first thing you would see when you looked through doorway was Norman at his desk....the old, brown desk that he had in his home as a teenager. IT was time for a new one. So, I began looking and pricing pieces that I thought would go. I finally found a desk, hutch and lateral file cabinet on line and ordered it. Of course, it had to be put together...that is another story which I will not go into at this time. Anyway, this is what everything looks like now.
















And from this angle--













And here are also a few pictures of Jacye doing what she loves to do while on my bed....look out the window for anything that moves so she can bark at it.

3 comments:

Iris said...

looks great! what did it look like before though? i can't believe mr. g. has had the same desk since he was a teenager. what did you do with it? i hope you kept it as a family heirloom! hee, hee! :)

Alison said...

Looks very nice! I would think it would have been strange the first night your bed was in a different place. It has been FOREVER since your room was arranged that way. Glad you got the new office furniture for Daddy...much better!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Looks so nice--I bet you had fun rearranging. Love y'all!