I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Where've You Been..."

This song, by Kathy Mattea, is so touching...especially in light of the recent news I have gotten about my dear Mother-in-law. She is experiencing some dementia and is confused and agitated a lot of the time now. I think about the life she and Dad have shared and this song reminds me of them. Although, Dad was not a salesman, the sentiment expressed throughout this song rings true of their love for one another. Enjoy, but you may want to get a kleenex first. (Oh, and you will want to mute my music that plays automatically. )


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHzMGM9qyZw

2 comments:

Billie said...

Bless her heart. I'm praying for the entire family and especially for Norman and his Dad.

AliciaG said...

Yeah, it is pretty sad. I am so afraid that she is not going to know who we are if we wait until Christmas to go. But maybe the medicine the doctor gave her will slow down the progress of the dementia. Thanks for your prayers.