I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas..2009

This was a very special Christmas for Camryn. She had told everyone that she wanted a Yorkie puppy for Christmas. She and her mother had already picked out a name if it was a girl (Gabriella and they would call her Ella)and an alternate name if it was a boy (Gabriel Austin and call him Gabe). Well, Santa was listening and she got her wish. She got Gabriel Austin.





Here is Camryn with her puppy, Gabe.

In this picture, Jacye and Gabe are checking one another out.
We had a great day enjoying one another's company and opening our gifts. Then we had our traditional breakfast casserole.
Saturday morning, Andrea, Camryn, Gabe, Norman and I headed out to Birmingham, AL for Christmas with his side of the family. Andrea had not seen her grandparents and cousins for 6 years. After a meal at Lloyds on Sunday afternoon we all went back to the house to have desserts and enjoy one another's company. Below are a few of the pictures I took of each family and then the kids with Memaw and Papaw.
This is Paul's group. Angela and Nick were not able to be with us. They were at a wrestling match. We missed seeing them and hope we can catch up with them another time. Anyway, this is Paul, Norman's younger brother, with Jake, Ashley and Josh.
And here is our family. Camryn is holding Gabe, our newest grand-dog.
This is Tricia's family. Seated on the couch: Christiana, Anthony, Tricia, and Anthony Jr. (Ant). On the floor: Benjamin and Joseph.
Mom and Dad with the kids

The grandkids and one great-grand-daughter with Memaw and Papaw.
Little Gabe
Isn't he a doll?

(You can see her open her presents on Youtube. Just type in, Camryn gets her wish... in the search bar. It should come up.)

We also had an opportunity to get with two of my college roommates from my freshmen year. Here we are looking as good as ever...me, Jackie and Linda.
Each of us with our husbands and daughters.

The 3 couples....John and Jackie Wise, and Laura; Norman, me and Andrea; Glenn and Linda Miller and Kara. We all met at Souheastern Bible College, dated during our time there and all but me graduated from there. We had a great time renewing our friendships. We ate at Cracker Barrel and then went to Jackie and John's for delicious desserts. It was so good to be able to visit with all of them and recall our great times at SBC, freshmen initiation, choir tours, doctrine class, library times, dating...etc. We have all vowed that we must do this again before another 36 years pass by. Although it had been almost 4 decades since we had seen one another it was like we had never been apart. Great memories and just an inkling of what it will be like when we all gather in Heaven together. What a reunion that will be!!!

2 comments:

Billie said...

What a sweet-sweet time! And you are so Blessed Alicia! Love y'all so much!

Iris said...

great pictures of family and friends! that gabe is sooooo cute!