I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Greece Mission Trip...Sept. 3rd-11th

I got the opportunity to go to Greece again this year with a group from our church. This time we flew in to Athens, Greece and then ferried over to Aegina Island. While in Athens, we got to take a walking tour of the sights of Athens....the Acropolis, the Parthenon, ampitheaters, etc. While on the island of Aegina, we got to experience a Greek wedding reception and a baby dedication. The time with the missionaries and their children was awesome. During the mornings (9-12)we held a 3 day VBS for the kids while their parents went to their sessions. We had a wonderful time with them and just basically fell in love with all of them. They are some very special kids. In the afternoons we would eat at some of the local restaurants and then take in some of the sights. In the evenings we all got to attend the preaching service.

The highlight of the trip was on the last night of meetings. They called all of the children's workers in and had a prayer time for us while laying on hands. It was a very meaningful and touching time. When two of the kids began praying for us, I just lost it!
This trip was one that I will never forget and the memory of it will be one that I will cherish for the rest of my life.
This is our group ready to leave from Little Rock, AR
Hotel Danae where we stayed while on Aegina Island

The view from our motel meeting room
See the next post for the rest of the pictures.
(There are also more pictures on my facebook page. Check them out!)

2 comments:

Billie said...

I was so very glad to hear you made it home safely and had a great time. Been waiting for these posts!

Iris said...

wow, how awesome to stand where paul stood! loved all the pictures and so glad you had a great time! what a blessing!