I Got a Bee in My Bonnet

My mind is forever thinking of new projects that I want to do. Sometimes the ideas get to "buzzin" around so fast that I feel like I have bees swarming around in my head. This saying actually came from my grandmother. She used to say, when she had an idea about how to do something, "I got a bee in my bonnet and I couldn't rest until I got it out." So, when I think of something new I want to do, I can't rest until I get that bee out of my bonnet. Ü

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Talent Night at Faith Baptist

We had a talent night at our church last night to raise money for our Summer Youth Missions trips. There was a variety of talent presented which included performances from Country, R & B, Gospel, and Rock. These acts involved some who actually sang and others who only patamimed the song. We had a visit from a Legendary chart topping dynamic couple from the 60's....

Sonny and Cher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGVR9yzUyk


Click on the link above to see the video. It was a lot of fun. Some of the other appearances by renound performers were The Blues Brothers, Michael Jackson, and the Village People. A great night of laughs and fun was had by all...and more than $1300 dollars was raised for the Teen Summer Missions trips.

11 comments:

Billie said...

That is STINKIN HILARIOUS!!!!!

AliciaG said...

If you could see the video you would really think it was hilarious!

Alison said...

OH MY LANDS!!! Ok...somehow we HAVE to see the video.

AliciaG said...

I am still trying to get it uploaded. If I can't make it happen you will have to come by the house and see it sometime.

Andrea said...

HAHAHAH!!! Good stuff. Apparently my shoes didn't make you taller than Daddy! Good for you for marrying a tall man. Most of my life I can't wear my heels cause I only attract short men...hahahah!!!! Can't wait to see the video

Andrea said...

Wait...funny thing is..this looks oddly familiar. I'm SURE there are some pictures of y'all from back in the day that look JUST like this!

AliciaG said...

Oh yeah, my freshman year, my hair looked very similar to Cher's...only parted on the side. And the clothes, well, if we had hung on to ours and IF we could have still fit into them, we would have looked very much like this famous duo we portrayed. I still can't get the video to upload...I guess it is too large, so you will have to catch this epic performance at my house sometime. LOL

Billie said...

have you tried uploading it to YouTube instead? I can't ever get blogger video to work. Upload it to YouTube and then embed it into this post. CAll me if you need help.

Iris said...

you guys look great! i bet the performance was awesome because i know what great singers you are! norman should've posed next to you on his knees to get the real effect. how fun!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

That is just one of the best things I've seen online recently, and I can't wait till morning to tell Mama to look. I watched the video on Alison's blog--what talent!

Mary said...

That is so great! It looks like y'all had so much fun! Love you.